Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Breaking the News to My Manager

Elizabeth: Bob, I have something important to tell you.
Bob: Yes?
Elizabeth: I entered an air race. [Spoken slowly. Emphasize "air race."]
Bob: [Blinks.] A what?
Elizabeth: An air race. [Slowly. Emphasize "air."]
Bob: [Long pause.] Does John know?
Elizabeth: Yes, he does. He's known for several months now.
Bob: [Long pause.] I hate to tell you this, but you are not the racing kind.
Elizabeth: I know, but my friend Mary and I entered the race.
Bob: How does John feel about this?
Elizabeth: He may think he created a monster.
Bob: Yes, he did.
Elizabeth: Would you feed the doggies for me while I'm away?

3 comments:

  1. This is too funny. Tears are rolling down my cheeks and my belly is beginning to hurt. Thanks for sharing. H.-P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Tracking your progress on Flight Aware!

    PS -- I can feed your dogs anytime if you need me!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I count Bob and Virginia as two joys in my life!

    ReplyDelete